1. THIS WEBSITE IS AN ORGANIC ENTITY, A TOOL FOR REFLECTION, COMMUNICATION AND SHARING, RATHER THAN JUST A WAY TO REPRESENT SOMETHING OR SOMEONE.
2. ON A PURELY TECHNICAL LEVEL, WEBSITES ARE PROGRAMMED TO CHANGE ACCORDING TO THE VIEWER'S DEVICE, IT'S SCREEN SIZE AND ACCORDING TO THE VIEWER'S BROWSER. IN OTHER WORDS: THE CODING BEHIND THE WEBSITE'S APPEARANCE IS CONSTANTLY NEGOTIATING WITH THE SOFTWARE AND THE HARDWARE THAT IS BEING USED TO DISPLAY ITS CONTENT.
3. EVERY SINGLE PAGE OF THIS WEBSITE IS ALWAYS REACHABLE WITH ONE CLICK. THE NAVIGATION BARS ON TOP AND BOTTOM ALWAYS STAY VISIBLE, BOTH FRAMING AND LINKING THE DIFFERENT CONTENTS OF THIS SITE.
you have reached the offical artist website of
1. This website is an organic entity, a tool for reflection, communication and sharing, rather than just a way to represent something or someone.
2. On a puely technical level, websites are programmed to change according to the viewer's device, it's screen size and according to the viewers browser. In other words: the coding behind the website's appearance is constantly negotiating with the software and the hardware that is being used to display it's content.
# H A S H T A G : S E L E C T E D W O R K S
2010 - 2021
Someone once asked me: Where is home?
I don’t know. But in the past I often asked myself: "Is it possible to get lost if you don’t know where you are going?"
Even though I still have no answer to this question, I know now that the question on the one hand comes from a sense of helplessness when faced with the disparity of the world, on the other hand from an experienced lack of power toward systems that are beyond our control. Yet I also like this question because it is romantic: It indicates a sense of ‘longing’. As such the question contains a fantasy that wants to influence and change the present moment. In that sense, maybe ‘to get lost’ means to interfere with the structure of the world in order to move toward a different, perhaps better future.
Daniel Dressel, May 2020
Our Homeland Is Each Other
Jetwash / 5min / 360°
Appearance / Play
2010 / 2011
A State of Transition
Untitled (Howling with the Dog)
"To hack a system requires getting to know its rules better than the people who created it or are running it, and exploiting all the vulnerable distance between how those people had intended the system to work and how it actually works, or could be made to work."
Edward Snowden, Permanent Record (Metropolitan Books, New York, 2019), p.53
If a good hack is able to debunk the rules behind a system, then 'hacking' does not just belong to the digital world.
It exists wherever rules do.